GFWC Saxonburg District Woman's Club

Subtitle

Our History

The GFWC Saxonburg District Woman's Club was organized and federated in 1939 with Mrs. Ivor Rudert as the first president

The Club has been instrumental in getting the Saxonburg Area Library started and also in helping start the first Pre-School in Saxonburg.

The ladies of the club started a Well Baby Clinic and volunteered many hours helping it to run. 

In 1968 under the direction of President Mrs. Doris Antoszyk, the club raised money to erect a picnic shelter at the Laura J. Doerr Community Park.

In 2002, Doris Herceg, Chair of the Community Improvement Program, spearheaded the club to erect  a roadside marker at a mass grave of Winfield Township's 1918 Influenza victims.  Previously just a large wooden cross marked the spot and over the years it had begun to decay.

Our Club has been recognized in the past at the GFWC State Conventions for our work in Conservation, for our placing of the GFWC road signs on the roads leading into Saxonburg and most recently for supplying the South Butler Elementary School with KIND News.